MUNICIPAL TREASURY OFFICE
1. Functional Statement
- Collect local taxes and other sources of revenues as provided for under book 11 of the Local Government Code of 1991 or R.A. 7160
- Take charge of disbursements of all municipal as other funds entrusted to him by law or by competent authority.
- Advice Municipal Mayor, the Sangguniang Bayan and other Local Government and National Offices concerned regarding the disposition of local government funds and other matters relative to public finance.
- Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds and properties of the local government concerned.
- Inspect commercial and industrial establishments in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances pursuant to the provisions under Book II of the LGC.
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the municipality.
- To collect 100% of the estimated income
- To come up with a scheme for a systematic tax collection.
- To be able to come up with submission of financial reports on time.
- To initiate incentives and awards to deserving employees.