OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
1. Functional Statement:
- Coordinate the formulation of integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council and special bodies;
- Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation or the different programs, projects and activities in the local government unit concerned in the accordance with the approved development plan;
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development council;
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the local government unit concerned;
- Promote people participation in development planning within the local government unit concerned;
- Exercise such supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform other function and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance;
- The comprehensive Municipal Zoning Ordinance 04-2000 prescribes that the office shall act as the technical arm in the implementation and regulation of land use in the municipality.
- Different Administrative orders as executive by the Local Chief Executive, directed the Office to be an active member in various sectoral councils
- Included in the other duties of the office, as directed by the Local Chief Executive are;
- Implement special projects and assists the sixteen (16) Barangays in implementing their Barangay Funded Projects;
- Assists in the conduct of Technical Survey Works; and
- Undertake maintenance works for government-owned buildings.
- Pursue the approval of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) 2014-2022 by the Provincial Land Use Committee (PLUC) and the Sangguniang Bayan;
- Prepare and update the Comprehensive Municipal Development Plan (CMDP);
- Implement the revised zoning ordinance once it is approved;
- Prepare the Annual Investment Plan, 20% Development Plan and as well as update the Local Development Investment Plan (LDIP);
- Provide statistics and database as basis for planning and other researches;
- Prepare project proposals/ feasibility studies for possible fund sourcing and
- Provide technical services in barangay infrastructure projects, assist in technical surveys and social projects.