Municipal Legal Office
Mission/ Vision/ Mandate
OFFICE VISION: We envision a La Trinidad that is dynamic, self-sustaining, ecologically balanced, safe and peaceful, where a God-loving and healthy people live in an atmosphere of social justice and governance.
MISSION: Our mission is to provide for adequate and responsive services to enable our citizens to live in comfort, security and prosperity, through maximum utilization of resources, people’s active participation, active partnership with government organization and the private sector and dedicated public service.
MANDATE: To act as a primary legal office of the Municipality.
Functions and Objectives
MUNICIPAL LEGAL OFFICE
1. Functional Statement
- To provide legal assistance to the Municipal Mayor in carrying out his sworn duty specially in the implementation of the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Government Code of 1991;
- To represent the Municipality in all cases filed against or by it in court or in any quasi-judicial bodies or committees, which also includes the cases filed against or by its officials and employees due to their official functions;
- To make or assist in the drafting or ordinances, contracts, memoranda and other legal instruments involving the interest of the Municipality and to render comment or recommendation on any instruments already prepared;
- To render legal opinion or advice on various legal inquiries and issues referred by the Municipal Mayor, the Sangguniang Bayan and other municipal officials and offices including the barangay government and officials;
- To investigate or cause to be investigated any local official or employee for administrative neglect or misconduct in office and recommend appropriate action to the Municipal Mayor or Sangguniang Bayan;
- To make and file the necessary legal actions in the interest of the Municipality on any bond, lease or other contract upon any breach or violation thereof as directed by the Municipal Mayor or the Sangguniang Bayan;
- To render legal opinion on ordinances and executive orders of the various Sangguniang Barangays and Punong Barangays respective;
- To recommend measures to the Sangguniang Bayan and advise the Municipal Mayor on all matters related to upholding the rule of law;
- To render legal service for the protection of human rights and prosecuting any violation thereof;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
To be able to continually render the above stated functions of this Office and other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.