Mission/ Vision/ Mandate
Our mission is to provide for adequate and responsive services to enable our citizens to live in comfort and prosperity, through judicious utilization of resources, active multi-sectoral people’s participation.
Provision of quality services which are adequate and equitable through competent, responsive and compassionate health workers, effective governance and community participation.
We envision a La Trinidad that is safe, dynamic, ecologically-balanced and peaceful, where a God-loving and healthy people live in an atmosphere of social justice and effective governance.
- Section 478 of the Local Government Code stipulates that the Office of the Municipal Health Officer shall:
- Supervise the personnel and staff of the said office, formulate program implementation guidelines, rules and regulations for the operation of the said office, for the approval of the governor or mayor, as the case may be. In order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health service program geared to implementation of health-related projects and activities.
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out activities to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to health services under Section 17 of this code.
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with health programs and projects which the governor or mayor, is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code.
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the health officer shall:
- Formulate and implement policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the local government unit concerned;
- Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, and the Sanggunian on matters pertaining to health;
- Execute and enforce all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to public health;
- Recommend the prosecution of any violation of sanitary laws, ordinances or regulations;
- Direct the sanitary inspection of all business establishments soiling food items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pension houses, and the like, in accordance with the Sanitation Code;
- Conduct health information campaigns and render health intelligence services;
- Coordinate with other government agencies and non-governmental organizations involved in the promotion and delivery of health services;
- Be in the front lines of the delivery of health services, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities.
- Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- The office is likewise a member of different Councils and Committees.
- As directed by the Local Chief Executive, the other duties of the office is to:
A. Implement or assist in Special Projects.
Functions and Objectives
Municipal Health Office
1. Functional Statement
- Provision of adequate, equitable and quality health services by competent, responsive and compassionate health workers, governed by dynamic leaders and with active community participation.
- Disease (Rabies, Leprosy) Elimination
- Decreased Morbidity and Mortality from TB, Dengue, STI/HIV-AIDS, Emerging and Re-emerging Infections
- Decreased Infant Mortality Rate and Underfive Mortality Rate
- Zero Maternal Mortality Rate
- Decreased Prevalence of Malnourished Children
- Decreased Morbidity and Mortality from Lifestyle Related Diseases
- Financing (increased, better and sustained)
- Regulation (assured quality and affordability)
- Governance (improved performance)
- Service Delivery (ensured accessibility and availability)