Municipal Civil Registrar’s Office
Functional and Objectives
MUNICIPAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OFFICE
1. Functional Statement:
- Civil Registrar shall be responsible for the civil registration program in the local government unit concerned, pursuant to the Civil Registry law, the Civil Code and other pertinent laws, rules and regulations issued to implement them.
- Develop plans and strategies on civil registry programs and upon approval thereof by the mayor implement particularly those which have to do with civil registry programs which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide under the code.
- Accept all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of a person.
- File, keep and preserve in a secured place the books required by law.
- Transcribe and enter immediately upon receipt all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of a person in the appropriate civil registry books.
- Transmit to the office of the Civil Registrar-General within the prescribed period duplicate copies of registrable documents required by law.
- Issue certified transcripts or copies of any certified registered documents upon payment of the prescribed fees to the Municipal Treasurer.
- Receive the application for the issuance of a marriage licenses and after determining that the requirements and supporting certificates and publications thereof for the prescribed period have been complied with, issue the license upon payment of the authorized fee to the Municipal Treasurer.
- Assist, receive, prepare and decide all petitions for Correction of Clerical error of civil registry documents and after posting date, transmit to the Office of the Civil Registrar General for Review under the rules of R.A 9048.
- Prepare endorsement to OCRG for decided petition under R.A 9048, R.A 9255. Legitimating and amended documents decided by regular courts.
- Coordinate with the National Statistics Office in conducting educational campaigns for vital registration and others statistics for the local government unit concerned.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- Encode, keep and preserve a data base of all CIVIL REGESTRY DOCUMENTS for easier access when needed.
- Annotate endorsed documents under R.A 9048 (correction of clerical error), R.A 9255 (affidavit to use surname of father). Legitimation and amendments decided by regular courts.
- Prepare training designs on seminars and other related activities in upgrading better services to the clientele.