MUNICIPAL BUDGET OFFICE
1. Functional Statement
- Prepare form, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for signature of the municipal mayor.
- Review and consolidate budget proposals of the different department and offices of the local government unit;
- Provide technical assistance to the local chief executive in preparation of the Municipality’s Annual Budget under the General Fund, Economic Enterprise and Special Education Fund;
- Assist the Local Chief Executive during budget hearings; study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments/ recommendations thereon.
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to concerned agencies;
- Assist the Sangguniang Bayan in reviewing annual/ supplemental budget of the 16 barangays of the municipality;
- Prepare monthly Registry of allotment and obligations for PS, MOOE, Capital Outlay as required by the New Government Accounting System;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinances.
- Budget proposals from the different departments consolidated, for budget hearing with the Local Chief Executive and Local Finance Committee;
- Prepare quarterly Allotment Release Order (ARO) based on approved annual/ supplemental budget;
- Coordinates with the Local Chief Executive and Local Finance Committee and Sangguniang Bayan on budgetary matters;
- Provide budget updates to municipal and barangay officials;
- Required reports/ data submitted to concerned offices/ agencies on time;
- Act as Secretariat to the Municipal School Board;
- Is a member of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC);
- Make preliminary review of barangay budgets and submit recommendations to the Sangguniang Bayan for final review and approval;
- Assist barangay officials in the execution of their approved budget and development plan;
- Does other related jobs in support to the municipality’s mission/ vision.