Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP)
1. Functional Statement
- To enhance public safety by providing humane safekeeping and developments of inmates of the La Trinidad Municipal Jail.
- To improve the living condition of inmates in accordance with the accepted standard set by the United Nations.
- To enhance safekeeping and developments of inmates in preparation for their eventual reintegration into the mainstream of society upon their release.
- To professionalize jail services.
- Enhance jail service through innovations
- Formulate policies and guidelines in the administration of Municipal Jail.
- Implement strong security measures for the control of inmates.
- Conduct activities for the development of inmates.
- Improve jail facilities.
- Promote the general welfare and development of personnel; and,
- Alleviate boredom and develop inmates to be productive during their stay in jail.