- Organizational Chart
- Churches & Schools
We commit ourselves to provide comprehensive service and good governance with the participation of the community towards the ultimate development of the barangay.
We envision Barangay Balili to be the center of commerce, trade, agriculture and education. A clean peaceful and progressive place to live in where God loving, healthy and educated residents can maximize their potentials and enjoy the fullness of life.
Progressive community, where residents enjoy the fullness of life, thru provision of basic needs, security and good governance.
Balili was originally thickly forested with bamboo and badili grass. The whole barangay was swampy, starting most particularly from the sitios Cabanao/Tabangaoen to Central Balili and Tebteb/Pines Park. The grasses were very tall and strong especially when dried. They are used to bundle firewood, sayote tops and camote tops for market. Thus, the area was referred to by the Ibaloi as Badili. As the Kankana-eys began to dominate the area, it was difficult for them to pronounce badili and was mispronounced “Balili”. Coming from Pico, the Ibaloi were its original settlers. They built houses in the vicinity of their farms. The elementary school site of Benguet State University is said to have been fields of sweet potatoes, gabi and sugar cane. The Tabangaoen area was planted with rice.
The Balili area was also sites for experimental farms of the La Trinidad Farm School (now Benguet State University) during the American period starting 1916. The American widely experimented on the susceptibility of American vegetable such as potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, etc. These sites were reserved for the agricultural school which continues to be the site of the BSU today. As a simple agricultural school in 1916, BSU has proved to be the seat of one with prime educational schools in the Cordillera today.
Rapid increases in the population of Balili occurred since the 1955. Proclamation No. 209 declared parcels of land in the area open to disposition, allowing farmers to own the land they till.
Balili was once part of Pico, the biggest barangay in the olden days of La Trinidad, Benguet. It was then called Eastern Pico. Created during the Macapagal Administration as one barangay of La Trinidad, Benguet in 1963, Mr. Francisco P. Langbis served as the first Barrio Lieutenant and was succeeded by Mr. Buenafe Capuyan. Mr. Madona Carantes was the first Barangay Captain elected during the time of then President Ferdinand E. Marcos. It was then succeeded by Mr. Ben C. Yano, Mr. Eduardo U. Solano, Mr. Albert Charles B. Dimas, Mrs. Estrella B. Adeban , Mr. Paul V. Alveraz, and then by Mr. Ramon B. Tomin. At present, Mr. Billy M. Bilango was elected as the Punong Barangay of Balili.
Today, Barangay Balili is a fast urbanizing barangay. It ranks number two to Pico with the most number of business establishments and amenities of the urban life. Barangay Multi-purpose hall was constructed at the Benguet State University which serves as barangay office barangay health unit and barangay peace keeping outpost. Another Barangay Multi-purpose building was constructed in Sayocong which serves as Day Care Center and Senior Citizen’s office. Bridges, roads or inter-barangay roads and inter-neighborhood pathways were also developed.