- Organizational Chart
- Schools and Churches
Coordinate with all sectors of the society in identifying projects and programs that leads to people empowerment, which is the baseline of the community development. Coordinate with other line agencies for fund and technical assistance not found in the community and extend assistance, which are available materials found in the Barangay Government and the community in general.
A mentally-fit, educated, developed, peaceful and healthy God-loving citizenry living in a well-secured and progressive community, working together with the Barangay Government towards development.
To produce high quality of vegetables and root crops, competitive varieties of cut flowers and large numbers of livestock in becoming a community of self-reliance and self-sustaining.
The search for more fertile lands brought the people of La Trinidad valley to Alno’s fertile lands. From the sight of a river, rich in freshwater products and prospects of abundant irrigation water encouraged these Ibalois to stay on.
Since the topography of the area is generally hilly, one has to go up and down the slope to reach the barangay. The area was originally referred to as “Kusaran”, an Ibaloi term meaning “down the slope”. Upon clearing the area of the brush and trees, a rare tree, specifically of the dipterocarp species and locally termed “Alno”, was left uncut. The tree was used for many medicinal purposes. Consequently, the area was referred to as “Alno”.
Alno was part of Bahong during the Spanish period. Among the significant changes during this time was the construction of a trail from Baguio to Tublay. The trail passed through Pico, Puguis, Poblacion, Cruz, Alapang, Alno, and Pangablan. Remnants of the trail are still sighted from the Alno-kadoorie Elementary School.
During the Spanish times, Alno covered the areas of Tawang, Alapang, Boliweng and Pangablan. Due to Spanish cruelty, many from Trinidad valley migrated and took refuge in Alno. Among those who were known to migrate to Alno were the Aloyses.
Spanish rule organized the Capitanes de Barangay; among them were Valdez and Balbalang who covered the whole area of Bahong. They served as liaison officers for the Spanish officials. Pilo Yatyatan also served in 1912 to 1913 as Municipal District Presidente which is equal to Municipal Mayor today.
Sometime in 1966, Alapang was separated from Alno. Alno’s two communal forests were consequently separated by the political subdivision of the Alno and Alapang. Bagto became part of Alapang and Ditufan remained in Alno. In 1971, Tawang was created as a separate barangay.
Today, Alno remains as a rural area producing vegetables and some cutflowers. The products are beans and roses. The Peril Burial Cliff and Picnic grounds along the Sabangan River attribute to the natural beauty of the area.